Map Editor FAQ?

Everything related to modding, mapping and software or hacks

Map Editor FAQ?

Postby FenixZ2 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:41 am

Is there a FAQ or some general how-to on using the map editor? I'm just starting messing around with it and trying to figure out what I want to do. One thing which I was having issues with was figuring out how to change the map type but I noticed it's under map info, though, how do I make it to where it's loading my quest map (could I remove all other quest maps or will it just re-download them?)?
Basically, I am just looking for a good hunk of info on making maps for Nox without having to cobble together a ton of posts (esp since there's multiple versions and I recall the older map editor at least looked radically different [or so I remember]).

If there's not a resource I'd be glad to try and get one together if I can get information.
FenixZ2
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Map Editor FAQ?

Postby FenixZ2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:14 am

Also, I'm just playing around and trying to figure things out, how does placing objects inside things work? I'm replaying the campaigns and just trying to piece things together, it seems like there's nothing random about what comes out of things but I can't figure out how.

Edit: Yeahhhh, nvm on this. For some reason I assumed that I couldn't right click for some reason, I get how items work in barrels and junk. Just in case someone else if having issues with this in particular you right click on the item > Proprieties > View Inventory. From there you can add and remove items that are in barrels, crates, chests, etc.
FenixZ2
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Map Editor FAQ?

Postby FenixZ2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:19 am

Is reverse-engineering the single-player maps useful? It's what I'm doing atm and I'm learning junk, but it seems like I'm making more questions for myself. I'm messing with the Wiz campaign and on Wiz02A there's a secret and looking at the door (the guard doors at the beginning) I don't see anything special, but when you go to it it tells you it's locked by mechanism, though when looking at the properties it doesn't show that it's locked but instead it shows extra bytes and under "Script Name" it says "Wiz02A:GuardDoor1" but I can't find that script in the script section.
Can anyone explain this? And is there a better place for me to ask questions like this seeing as I'm working with the map editor and slowly making progress on my own x.x
FenixZ2
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Modding & Mapping