[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
NoX Forum • View topic - Project NoX

Project NoX

Everything related to modding, mapping and software or hacks

Do you find this useful or interesting?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:56 am

Yes! You got me, I wanna join in!
No votes
This is very interesting indeed
100%
I don't know...
No votes
I don't have time for this
No votes
No thanks
No votes

Total votes : 1

Project NoX

Postby Damaskox » Wed May 13, 2015 3:40 am

I don't remember, where this started, how it formed in my head.

I got a...kind of a dream, or a thought; How would it look like or work out, if a bunch of people who can create stuff within our community (NoX Community, Skype Groups) are connected to each other in a project through a specific service, where they can add, edit, move and delete ideas, thoughts and plans of creation?

I got a glimpse of Trello elsewhere in the beginning but after some time I came across it again. This thing in my mind I started to look around in Trello and decided to give it a shot since I was interested in it.

Thus...I created some kind of a foundation to a possible NoX Project, which is so far only an example though.
But if there really were people interested in it? If people checked the Project out? What would happen if they joined in it? What would follow of people starting to show and feed information in it about everyone's plans towards something? And what if people started to help each other towards their plans to get to them faster and easier? To work together, rather than lone individuals?

Pretty much anyone who has interest and skill to do SOMETHING could join in. By this I don't mean only coders and programmers since a video game needs other content too, such as pictures and plots and stuff, right?

---

In any case, you can see the project here.
I hope people check it out and leave comments, ideas, thoughts and opinions in this topic about it.
Maybe I can build it further by using such material =)
A likable, fine, polished line of few fancy words to make the day happy for someone.
Damaskox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Project NoX

Postby Xandros » Wed May 13, 2015 11:02 am

I also tested this service - its really cool. But in your example you are using just a board. I have an example of organization of Nox guild (The Pinnacle): https://trello.com/noxguildthepinnacle
Excuse me for the russian language - this example was made for NoxWorld community firstly.
The main problems of this service:
1. Owful voting system
2. Card can be created only by members added to the board. All other members can only comment and vote, if this features are not blocked.
3. English GUI only.

Back to the topic: Janne, you need to add an organization and let people add their own boards. This will prevent all occasional deletions\modifications made by other members. Moreover, each project will have separated crew list. Just set organization access to Public and specify all properties (short name, description, and hyperlink to this forum).
In any case, i like this idea, but i am too bad programmer to cooperate with other programmers.
Nox Unimod scripter.
My plugins:
Advanced chat plugin.
Antiblock system
Xandros
Novice

Postby Damaskox » Wed May 13, 2015 6:40 pm

A likable, fine, polished line of few fancy words to make the day happy for someone.
Damaskox
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Xandros » Thu May 14, 2015 10:17 am

Well, it looks like i misunderstood your project purpose. Your Trello-project directed to work with difficult projects and to provide some collaboration to help the project leader. This is good idea, but i don't have any big projects right now, except Nox Infinity, which is too difficult to explain how to work with it for other team members.
I will wait for other projects an get myself prepared to code something).
Nox Unimod scripter.
My plugins:
Advanced chat plugin.
Antiblock system
Xandros
Novice

Postby Damaskox » Fri May 15, 2015 3:34 am

Damaskox
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Xandros » Sun May 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Nox Unimod scripter.
My plugins:
Advanced chat plugin.
Antiblock system
Xandros
Novice

Return to Modding & Mapping