[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
NoX Forum • View topic - NoX, an expansion and launcher as revival project

NoX, an expansion and launcher as revival project

Everything related to modding, mapping and software or hacks

NoX, an expansion and launcher as revival project

Postby superjack46 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:02 am

Protokol and I have discussed future ideas on how to.. increase the NoX community's amount of players.
Our idea consists of the following things:

* A launcher that will allow people to register an account both on XWIS and our forum simultaneously, and will include a lobby viewing system (the WOL list) that makes people able to open up NoX and instantly join with their XWIS account, which makes the joining a server process like 3 times as fast, plus super convenient because people won't be complaining about 'how do i install wsetwood online???hur" or "how do i log in? can't see any servers ;_;", etc. The idea is also that this launcher will update the NoX game from a repository managed by the NoXcommunity managers. The idea is that the game will be modded slightly so that balance complaining can't really exist anymore, see next thing. Also, the launcher will also contain a list of published maps by players. A rating system would be possible, but I don't think that would be a good idea considering NoX's amount of trolls. I'd rather have map making people rate the maps, like critics who know what they're talking about. Also, Integrate ladder like league of legends does in our launcher, or something.

* Making the launcher also update our mod that does deathray do 99 HP damage instead of 100 and perhaps making invulnerability cost slightly more mana. No rigoreus actions. Also, I want conjurers do have Firewalk, I want fire sprites working (that's possible by making them only capable of walking and exploding at players on touch), halberds as usable weapon without the level up effect, add more game modes to the game, etc.

* Easy, big download button on the website for the launcher. The main goal from the launcher is to make installing NoX so easy it takes like 10 minutes. Perhaps we can also make it test your graphics and automatically try every fix available so that it might work. Also, our website needs a complete redesign (obviously).

* A trailer for our "expansion", and it should be targetting people who don't quit games because they lose. So basically, hardcore gamers and children who don't want a hand holding game. Also, we should show the game as a hardcore multiplayer battle similator, not some Diablo 2/Baldur's gate/Arcanum clone, regardless of how much I love those games. They're not like NoX at all, completely different genre.

* Target let's players on youtube. Ask them to play the multiplayer game. Get it known that it's fucking easy to install and shit.

* Post our launcher and mods and maps all at Moddb
WOL account: unknownle, character: Maurice Ravel, my NoX related website: http://corner.noxcommunity.com
superjack46
Administrateur supérieur
Administrateur supérieur

Re: NoX, an expansion and launcher as revival project

Postby Damaskox » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:31 am

Cool!
A likable, fine, polished line of few fancy words to make the day happy for someone.
Damaskox
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Vanir » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:55 am

Nice ideas, now all you need to do is get to work.
Vanir
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Damaskox » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:58 am

By the way.
What is the deadline of all of this? Next summer?
A likable, fine, polished line of few fancy words to make the day happy for someone.
Damaskox
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Xandros » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:29 pm

1. There is Superjack's launcher project that he aborted.
2. There is my project Nox Infinity, that still in development. I hope soon it will be finished and released as unstable beta.
Current things that i've done:
1. Hosting via Direct IP
2. Registration in system.
3. Basic server information structure, except player list.

I think we have so few players because Nox is very unbalanced. We need to fix balance first, then think about launchers and other apps.
Nox Unimod scripter.
My plugins:
Advanced chat plugin.
Antiblock system
Xandros
Novice

Postby superjack46 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:52 pm

NoX isn't unbalanced.
WOL account: unknownle, character: Maurice Ravel, my NoX related website: http://corner.noxcommunity.com
superjack46
Administrateur supérieur
Administrateur supérieur

Postby DamenEU » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:26 pm

It's not that Nox is imbalanced, it's more that people who rediscover the game get completely trounced in multiplayer. It's a high-skill game, and it takes a while to get back into it. Doing so while getting trashcanned is pretty rough. Also the game is 15 years old, even Diablo 2 is dead.

That being said, I think a good launcher, a guide to getting retail/GOG Nox online and well advertised Nox Days are a solid way to extend the game's lifetime. Also, why not keep a server up with the next Nox Day as name to snare the random passerb?
DamenEU
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Damaskox » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:53 am

Damaskox
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dagwood » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:42 am

I don't agree with making any balance changes or gameplay changes. The game is perfect as it is.

Wizard only seems overpowered because our community is so small, and wizzy is king in 1v1 or very small matches. The game is perfectly balanced if there's lots of players.
dagwood
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Xandros » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:46 am

I've played against tryhards already and saw some pro vs pro duels, so i know what is perfect and what is not.
Nox Unimod scripter.
My plugins:
Advanced chat plugin.
Antiblock system
Xandros
Novice

Next

Return to Modding & Mapping