[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
NoX Forum • View topic - Reviving Nox?

Reviving Nox?

Everything about NoX as a game.

Reviving Nox?

Postby sirtadels » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi. i played this game for the first time in 1998, which i think is around its release date, and i have always wanted it to have a big online community, which sometime back in the 2010's there was... sort of. You could log in and there would be at least 6 open games to choose from, and plenty of people in them as well. That all changed a couple of years ago and it suddenly went cold. The reason for this post is, as many of you may have thought, a possibility of reviving this game, my first guess would be to make it an open source project, for making a modded version to really reach expectations for an online hack &slash of these characteristics, i mean, all the ingredients are there, you basically have a list of maps of different cities, which constitute the known world of nox, with the peripheric areas and dungeons, gameplay would be really similar to an open world- full loot game, which for some reason none of them reach the quality of story and epic content this game has, evidently im ranting here about something i would really enjoy to see fulfilled, i dont know how many people and resources it would need to be acheived.. but take the dota example.. obviously there was a bigger gaming community involved, but who says it cant be done?
sirtadels
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Reviving Nox?

Postby Damaskox » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:51 am

*moves random crap to free one seat for sirtadels in our Ship of NoX*
A likable, fine, polished line of few fancy words to make the day happy for someone.
Damaskox
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mintu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:15 am

mintu is back with a vengeance. finally got to make it work on win10 with someone on reddit. how are you guys doing? its been a while.
...as long as nobody hear your "DOU" scream
mintu
Initiate
Initiate

Postby sirtadels » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:41 pm

Im playing Nox in a linux mint 17.3 machine, none of the music or the speech files work, but the sounds and effects do, its kinda buggy tho, playing through wine (playonlinux),
sirtadels
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Drakieth » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:50 pm

So lets do somthing about this people not playing stuff. When you guys wanna log on and destroy each other?
Drakieth
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Damaskox » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:33 pm

A likable, fine, polished line of few fancy words to make the day happy for someone.
Damaskox
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mintu » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:40 pm

I did send a PM here on my Skype. I did message you on Skype already as we are already friends. But I mainly use KakaoTalk.
...as long as nobody hear your "DOU" scream
mintu
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Drakieth » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:05 am

Anyone looking to get a game together just pm in the forums.
Drakieth
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Hydrok9 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:07 am

Myself and a friend would love to play again. Does anyone want to have a game this weekend?
Hydrok9
Initiate
Initiate

Postby ThompsonTime » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:04 pm

I am that friend Nox is next lvl and it would be great seeing some regulars!
ThompsonTime
Initiate
Initiate

Next

Return to NoX discussion