[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
NoX Forum • View topic - Time travel

Time travel

General off-topic discussion.

Time travel

Postby CiaTronic » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:08 pm

This was a long discussion on the skype chat and I decided to make a complete argument about this topic.

Time travel is described as: "the concept of moving between different points in time, generally using a theoretical invention known as a "time machine". Time travel is a recognized concept in philosophy and fiction, but has a very limited support in real world physics."

Someone claimed that time travel is real and we do it every day. This is false because:
We as humans and everything else around us is affected by time. Meaning we don't go from one time point to another but time is a continuous concept that just is and its affecting us. We can not make time behave differently but we can change how time is affected on us.
This is explained in the theory of relativity which states that time affects objects less the faster they are moving. And from that comes the idea of "time travel."
If someone where to travel around the galaxy at almost the speed of light for about a year, when they would return to earth, 7 years have been passed on Earth. Because of that it SEEMS like that person traveled in time because that person only aged a year when everyone else aged 7 years.
And that's where the false accusations come in. Instead of claiming that that person "traveled forward in time", the correct terminology would be that person was "affected by time less than others where."
There is an astronaut who has been on the International Space station for about 1000 hours. because the Space station moves at about 7.71 km/s that astronaut has aged about 0.007 seconds less than he should have. Since we don't know how to get humans to move at the speed of light we can't accelerate that process.
As far as "going backwards in time", currently its not supported by any of our laws of physics, and not even theories.

And don't forget that movies that depict time travel are just that. Movies.
Without stupid people we would have no one to laugh at…Take time to thank a stupid person for their contribution.
CiaTronic
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Time travel

Postby illidans4 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:46 pm

Time travel concept is about the goal, not about the means. If you want to "travel" 10 years in the future, you utilize how time affects you, how velocity changes your relative speed of time. That is gradual time travel. Travelling backwards in time is partially supported by quantum mechanics, but only instantly.
illidans4
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mintu » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:02 pm

kinda agree with illi...
my only issue now on time travelling (going back to past and to future) is...

if there is indeed time travelling, then someone must have altered events already...
and change the course of history... that leads to the end of mankind...

Another approach would be if it does happend, maybe it is happening on the parallel universe....
because changing the past will ultimately change the present that leads to complications on the future...

to sum up,
if one does time travel, my question would be...
where did he exactly go?
...as long as nobody hear your "DOU" scream
mintu
Initiate
Initiate

Postby CiaTronic » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:39 am

Without stupid people we would have no one to laugh at…Take time to thank a stupid person for their contribution.
CiaTronic
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Damaskox » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:30 am

Hm.
I think this topic was created before creating the Imagination.
I'll move this topic in there.

EDIT:Someone got mad about my move, so I decided to throw the thread back in here.
A likable, fine, polished line of few fancy words to make the day happy for someone.
Damaskox
Administrator
Administrator

Postby CiaTronic » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:39 am

CiaTronic
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Damaskox » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:52 am

I already cancelled my acts, so there is nothing to be worried about anymore.
A likable, fine, polished line of few fancy words to make the day happy for someone.
Damaskox
Administrator
Administrator

Return to General off-topic