IPV6 Hosting

Discussion about bugs and other errors and crash-downs.

IPV6 Hosting

Postby TheyWor » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:38 pm

Sadly i don't have a public ipv4 address. Is anyone with enough know how here, who might point me in the right direction to host a NoX game with an ipv6 address anyway?

Joining the public server works fine. I added a port forwarding for the UDP ports, but i suppose the server browser cannot deal with ipv6.
TheyWor
Initiate
Initiate

Re: IPV6 Hosting

Postby superjack46 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:51 pm

Unfortunately NoX doesn't support IPV6, or at least the Westwood Online components don't.. It it perhaps possible to get an IPv4 proxy address for your IPv6?
WOL account: unknownle, character: Maurice Ravel, my NoX related website: http://corner.noxcommunity.com
superjack46
Administrateur supérieur
Administrateur supérieur

Postby TheyWor » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:03 pm

I suspected as much. I might be able to tunnel my NoX traffic through a root server.

I remember trying to play NoX over Hamachi and it didn't end well because everyone was lagging horribly. I assume the datarate is immensly higher when playing in LAN. Is it perhaps possible to play the LAN mode with the same latency/datarate options as the WOL-mode of NoX? There are no builtin options to set it, perhaps someone modded it?
TheyWor
Initiate
Initiate

Postby superjack46 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:01 pm

That is indeed possible, if you use the installer from noxcommunity.com. (it's on the main page)

With the patch when you press F8 you can do lagg compensation in network. Actually, an improved compensation feature will be released in an upcoming 'unofficial patch', release, thanks to Zoa.. which you can read about here: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1437

Should be a datarate option there too.
WOL account: unknownle, character: Maurice Ravel, my NoX related website: http://corner.noxcommunity.com
superjack46
Administrateur supérieur
Administrateur supérieur

Postby TheyWor » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:53 pm

Ah yes, there is lag compensation no datarate though. I'll do some tests wether it works and report back.
TheyWor
Initiate
Initiate

Postby TheyWor » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:43 am

The NoxReloaded-Installer is working fine via VPN. We had no noticable lags.
TheyWor
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Support