Unsolved Technomancer questions from Skype

Discussion about bugs and other errors and crash-downs.

Unsolved Technomancer questions from Skype

Postby Damaskox » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:38 am

I got a bit fed up with the fact that most of the questions in our Technomancer Group disappear in vain without answers.

I decided to try out an idea to write them down in here, in case if it eases the situation and gathers more answers than in Skype.

I'll add just my own questions in my own post. Other members can create replies of answers and/or their own questions here.
Let's see, how this will work out.

For the future incoming answers in our questions, everyone should point out somehow in their question list after they have got answers on specific questions, which have solved these questions, that they are solved.

As an example:

Questions by Tom:
1. What is 1+1?
2. What color is the black cat?
3. Am I an idiot?

Answers by Rick:
2. The black cat's color is black

Questions by Tom (someone edits the question list):
1. What is 1+1?
2. What color is the black cat? (RESOLVED)
3. Am I an idiot?

This will bring extra clarity in our question lists.
It would also be good if the answer is written down next to the questions for further clearness.
And write the questions and answers clearly, so most of us could understand.

Then, into the business!

---

1. After I create a Dedicated Server, I minimize it's window. This Dedicated Server's window has the basic visual window, as I minimize it.
Later, if I wish to close my Dedicated Server, I click it open again (de-minimize it). Unfortunately, the whole window is black.
Since I haven't had any other choice, because I cannot see the visual window anymore, I have so far just Alt+F4'd it shut. This will leave my Dedicated Server shown in the Server list and won't go away off the list in several hours, even though I have really closed it.
I believe this...malfunction also messes my Internet Connection, since if I wish to create another Server soon after closing the first one (in the way I have done it this far), nobody can join in the new Server.
What should I do to properly close it?
Resolved by Xandros: "To close server use "quit" command in Nox console. Don't afraid the black screen - just hit "open console" button, it will work."

2. Is there a command in UniMod, which enables me to somehow see the NPC's health as a bar above their heads or in another way?

3. Are there any ways to get the Firewalk and Meteor Shower through Unimod as castable spells - like as, through a command or something?

4. How do I use the sysop-command to use commands on someones else's Server?
Example: I got the password on one Server, but it still didn't let me to use the createObject command in the Server after typing in sysop and the password.

5. How do I get the .nxz file into my maps, so people can play them with me?
Resolved by IllidanS4 and AngryKirC: "nxz is created by the editor" - "you can open them with editor and save again. this will make .nxz file"
A likable, fine, polished line of few fancy words to make the day happy for someone.
Damaskox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unsolved Technomancer questions from Skype

Postby illidans4 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:59 pm

ad 1. If you can't open any in-game windows (try F1 for console), I see no other way to close it. But, unfortunately, ALT+F4 doesn't close the thread that handles WOL communication. Open task manager and close the Nox process.
ad 4. Write "sysop" then "sysop password" and "sysop createObject..." in the console (F1)
illidans4
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unsolved Technomancer questions from Skype

Postby Xandros » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:54 pm

1. To close server use "quit" command in Nox console. Don't afraid the black screen - just hit "open console" button, it will work.

2. As a bar - not in Unimod. As a chat message you can use this:
sendChat(32, unitHP(<NPC userdata>), servNetCode(<NPC userdata>),0)
Of course it will cause console spam, but there is no other ways to show something over object - Unimod source code modification required.

3. Modify thing.bin file to make spells castable, if you want to make them castable from book. If you want to cast a spell without "making it legal", you need to use spellApply function (another non-documented function). If you want to make spells castable dynamically, so you can't do that. Try this steps:
1. Unlock spells in thing.bin database
2. Block all spells in user.rul file in every map in "maps" folder, or make a Unimod reaction
3. Unlock them, when you really need to cast them)

4. Get sysop access, by entering "sysop[ENTER]<sysop password here>[ENTER]". Then use sysop <console command here> to use specific command: Nox command or Unimod function

Ask me via PM and i will answer your questions)
Nox Unimod scripter.
My plugins:
Advanced chat plugin.
Antiblock system
Xandros
Novice

Return to Support